A native of Nashville, Bill Berenson obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree with honors from the University of Texas at Austin (Plan II Honors Program) in 1976 and his Juris Doctor degree from Southern Methodist University Law School in Dallas in 1979.
Bill was hired by a leading firm in Fort Worth where he litigated countless cases, including for State Farm Insurance Company. He also incorporated CineMark Theaters. He then founded his own law firm in the River Plaza Tower in 1982, where he has successfully practiced law since.
Bill Berenson has successfully represented thousands of people over the last 37 years, specializing in personal injury cases. He limits his practice to helping out the victims of motor vehicle collisions, including representing a seriously injured young man in the controversial “Affluenza Teen” case.
Bill was certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 1994. He was voted one of the best personal injury lawyers in Tarrant County by his peers and recognized in Fort Worth Magazine in 2016 and in previous years. He has tried dozens of cases to verdict to gain life membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He was named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the prestigious National Trial Lawyers in 2016 and in the three prior years since the award was first given.
Bill has served on the Boards of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association since 2002. He was appointed by the Texas Supreme Court to its Advisory Committee on Trial Court Procedures.
Bill has taught classes across the U.S. to attorneys in the American Association for Justice, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Tarrant County Bar Association, Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, National Business Institute, and other organizations.
Bill is dedicated to his community and has served on various boards and assisted many charitable causes. He is proud of obtaining his Eagle Scout award at the age of 13 (the youngest in Middle Tennessee history) and teaching Sunday School classes and lives by those values. Bill has been married for 28 years and has one daughter who is a Certified Public Accountant in Dallas.
In Bill's spare time, he works out and has run 57 marathons, all except one while he was in his 50's, including one in all 50 states, with almost all qualifying for the rigorous entry requirements of the Boston Marathon. He does this to gain physical strength, mental toughness, and drive to enable him to fight more effectively for his clients.
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1979
B.A. With Honors, University of Texas at Austin Plan II Honors Program, 1976
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors and Sustaining Member
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Insurance Issues Annotated, Board of Editors
- Texas Supreme Court Jury Task Force, Member
- National College of Advocacy, Advocate
- Tarrant County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Tarrant County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- American Association of Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Insurance Settlements and Litigation Reporter, Board of Editors
- Truck Safety Coalition, Member
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Trying the Automobile Injury Case for the Plaintiff
- Automobile Injury Trials in Texas
- The Insurance Settlement Hand Book, Co-author
- Named "One of Tarrant County's Top Attorneys" by Fort Worth Magazine, 2016 and previous years
- Selected to Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
- Recognized in Marquis Who's Who in America, 1992 - 2016
- Recognized in Marquis Who's Who in American Law, 1992 - 2016
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Insurance Settlement and Litigation Reporter
- James Publishing Group
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- National Business Institute
Jones v. Bush, 122 F.Supp.2d 713 (N.D.Tx.2000), aff'd 244 F.3d 134, cert. den. 531 U.S. 1062 (2001)
Reported on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers.
Volunteer Attorney, Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief
Volunteer Attorney, West Texas Legal Services
Life Member, Tarrant County Bar Association