Bill Berenson, who is one of the top personal injury attorneys in Fort Worth, has obtained tens of millions of dollars for his clients in 40 years.
He only represents the injured victims of car, truck, 18-wheeler, motorcycle, and pedestrian collisions, some in high-profile crashes like the one caused by the "Affluenza Teen."
Bill became one of the very limited number of attorneys certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law 25 years ago.
He has received more 5 star reviews on Google, AVVO, and other rating sites than any other injury lawyer in Fort Worth.More about Bill Berenson
Bill grew up in Nashville and graduated with honors in 1976 from the University of Texas at Austin. He received his law degree from Southern Methodist University in 1979, then moved to Fort Worth where he defended insurance companies and businesses for a large firm.
But Bill wanted to help the people who had been hurt and taken advantage of by these giant companies, so he decided to open his own law office in 1982. He has successfully run his practice been in the same location on University Drive in Fort Worth since that time.
Bill also believes in helping others and has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars and many hours to charities, schools, and non-profit organizations.
He has served on the board of directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association for over 10 years, the regional board of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and other boards.
Bill is proud to be an Eagle Scout, Sunday School teacher, and married for over 30 years.
On those rare days when he is not in the office or court helping his injured clients, Bill has run a marathon in all 50 states (qualifying for the Boston Marathon in 40 of them), cycles, and travels.
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas, 1979
B.A. With Honors, University of Texas at Austin Plan II Honors Program, 1976
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyer
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors and Sustaining Member
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Insurance Issues Annotated, Board of Editors
- Texas Supreme Court Jury Task Force, Member
- National College of Advocacy, Advocate
- Tarrant County Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Tarrant County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- American Association of Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice, Sustaining Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates, Member
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Insurance Settlements and Litigation Reporter, Board of Editors
- Truck Safety Coalition, Member
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Trying the Automobile Injury Case for the Plaintiff
- Automobile Injury Trials in Texas
- The Insurance Settlement Hand Book, Co-author
- Named "One of Tarrant County's Top Attorneys" by Fort Worth Magazine, 2017 and previous years
- Selected to Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
- Recognized in Marquis Who's Who in America, 1992 - 2017
- Recognized in Marquis Who's Who in American Law, 1992 - 2017
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Insurance Settlement and Litigation Reporter
- James Publishing Group
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association
- National Business Institute
Jones v. Bush, 122 F.Supp.2d 713 (N.D.Tx.2000), aff'd 244 F.3d 134, cert. den. 531 U.S. 1062 (2001)
Reported on the front page of the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers.
Adopter and Sponsor, Rufino Mendoza Elementary School
Volunteer Attorney, Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief
Volunteer Attorney, West Texas Legal Services
Life Member, Tarrant County Bar Association