No one will tell you what your final tally for your medical bills will be. Rarely will they even know. Hopefully your pain will resolve quickly. But each person is different and you may continue to need medical treatment. These are some places to start to get your medical bills paid quickly.
1. Health insurance
You should file on your plan. But you need to know that there can be complications. We see these on a daily basis:
- You have not met your annual deductible (especially now that it is January and a new year has begun);
- Large co-pays are required;
- The plan claims it does not have to pay anything since the other driver’s policy is the primary one responsible:
- Your company says that your hospital or doctors were out-of-network;
- Your hospital or doctors refuse to file on your health insurance, wanting more money from the driver’s liability insurance carrier;
- The plan limits which doctors you can see and how many times you can see them;
- The doctors on the plan refuse to treat you because they fear the case may go to court; and/or
- The plan pays but files a subrogation lien demanding repayment.