Causes of Trucking Accidents
Texas Trucking Accidents Lawyer
Phone: 817-885-8000 or Toll Free: 1-888-801-8585
Conveniently located at Interstate 30 and University in Fort Worth, Texas, trucking accident lawyer Bill Berenson has over 30 years experience assisting truck accident victims and families throughout Texas with their claims. Our goal is to maximize your compensation, and we are aggressive and relentless in our pursuit of your claim.
We intentionally limit our practice to motor vehicle accidents and truck accidents. We invite you to visit our Firm Overview page for additional information regarding our unique qualifications to handle your injury claim.
Causes of Texas Trucking Accidents:
There can be many causes of a trucking accident. We have outlined some of the more common causes below:
- Truck Driver Error or Fatigue - Truck driver fatigue or error is one of the most common causes of trucking accidents. Rules and regulations govern the number of hours a truck driver can be on the road, but because many truck drivers are compensated by the mile, they often disobey the rules and keep two sets of books. In addition, many truck drivers may be impaired from drinking or using drugs to stay awake.
- Defective Truck Parts - Defective truck parts include tires and brakes. Tire blowouts or poor brakes can also be a result of a failure to properly inspect the truck cab or the truck trailer.
- Excessive Speed - Trucks do not stop nearly as quickly as cars. A 40 ton truck traveling at 70 mph will need over 600 feet to stop. Not surprising, many trucks jackknife and are involved in many rear-end collisions.
- Blind Spots - Trucks have large blind spots located on both sides, the rear, and the front of the truck. Many trucking accidents occur because the truck driver didn't see the automobile.
- Wide Turns - Trucks require a wide berth to make turns. Many accidents occur because a truck driver doesn't see a car when making a turn or the cars don't pay attention to a truck that needs to turn and try to pass when the truck swings wide to make the turn.
There are many more causes of trucking accidents, ranging from improper load balances (causing rollovers) to poor road design. Rest assured that no matter what the cause of your trucking accident, we will professionally and aggressively handle your claim.
Please schedule a free confidential consultation and case assessment with a trucking accident attorney and board certified personal injury specialist by calling us at 817-885-8000 or toll free at 1-888-801-8585. You may also e-mail us or fill out our accident intake form on our Contact Us page. We understand, and we can help.