Trucking Accident Liability
Dallas-Fort Worth Semi Trucking Accident Lawyer
Phone: 817-885-8000 or Toll Free: 1-888-801-8585
The failure to include all the proper parties in a truck accident claim can adversely affect your ability to obtain just compensation for any injuries or loss you suffered due to a truck accident.
Conveniently located at near I-30 and University Drive in Fort Worth, Texas, trucking accident lawyer Bill Berenson is a Board Certified Personal Injury Law Specialist* with over 30 years experience assisting truck accident victims and their families receive full and fair compensation for their injuries or loss.
Potential Parties to a Texas Trucking Accident
Unlike a car accident, where the driver is typically the owner of the vehicle, and there is usually only one party potentially liable for the accident, in a truck accident, there can be multiple parties responsible for the trucking accident, including the following:
- Truck Driver - A truck driver can be negligent and held responsible for the accident in several ways: fatigue, driving impaired, driving recklessly, negligent turns, or exercising poor judgment in braking or tailgating.
- Truck Cab Owners - Truck cab owners have a duty to inspect the cab to ensure the truck cab is in safe operating condition, including inspecting brakes, lights, and tires.
- Truck Trailer Owner - Truck trailer owners are typically different than the truck cab owners, but they have the same duty to perform a proper inspection and make sure the trailer is in safe operating condition.
- Truck Loaders - The truck loading company needs to ensure the truck is properly loaded to avoid load shifts that can cause a rollover or trucking accident.
- Trucking Companies - Truck companies that employ truck drivers need to perform adequate background checks on their drivers to ensure they are qualified.
- Government - State and federal governments can also be potential parties for a trucking accident claim in cases of defective road design or other negligence resulting in a hazardous roadway.
Whether you are involved in a semi truck crash or lost a loved one in a truck wreck, you need to make sure you are receiving the best possible representation to assist you in obtaining the maximum amount of compensation. Your attorney must understand all the potentially liable parties, to ensure you receive fair compensation to cover all your medical expenses, lost wages, and special needs.
Please schedule a free confidential consultation and case assessment with a trucking accident lawyer and board certified personal injury specialist by calling us at 817-885-8000 or toll free at 1-888-801-8585. You may also e-mail us or fill out our accident intake form on our Contact Us page. We understand, and we can help.